Man Dies After Drinking Tea with Sugar Found at Dumpsite, Victoria Falls

Written by on April 26, 2024

In a tragic turn of events, a man died after drinking tea made with sugar he found at a dumpsite in Victoria Falls, according to a report received by the Zimbabwe Republic Police (ZRP) Victoria Falls on April 22. .

Matabeleland north province Acting police Spokesperson, Assistant Inspector Namatirai Mashona confirmed receiving a report of sudden death.

The deceased, Allen Ncube, was reportedly at the dumpsite with his friend Admire Moyo on April 22nd around 6:00 PM when they decided to make tea using sugar they found there. Shortly after drinking the tea, both men began experiencing stomach pains.

Moyo, who was in better condition than Ncube, went to seek help from another group working at the dumpsite. They rushed back to find Ncube lying on the ground in pain, with foam coming from his mouth.

In an attempt to induce vomiting, believing the sugar might be poisoned, Ncube’s companions made him drink crushed charcoal. While Moyo’s condition improved after vomiting, Ncube’s worsened.

An ambulance was called, and Ncube was transported to Victoria Falls Hospital, where he was pronounced dead upon arrival around 7:00 PM.

The ZRP Victoria Falls is currently investigating the incident as the body will be taken for postmortem on Monday.

Reader's opinions

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Current track